Thursday, July 27, 2006

I'm gonna miss ya!

It's always the same. It is so hard to traveling alone without my family. I am not talking about two or three days, but two to three months! This time I feel even harder because Elka and Farhan are grow up.

I delayed my departure date four times already. But the time is running out, and no more delay is possible! I have to go tonight.

Two months ago when I talked to Elka and Farhan about my fieldwork plan to Indonesia, they said "well, OK, you can go...". But two weeks ago they said "I want to go to Indonesia with you". This morning Elka said "Oh no..., can you stay one more day with us?". Farhan said sweetly, "can I go with you please?" Farhan even tried a little bit harder to make me stay. He warned me with stories about airplane crash and said that going by airplane is very very dangerous. Finally Farhan said, "OK, you can go, but you have to bring Turkish delights and skipping rope from Indonesia for me" :) Elka said OK and warned me to be very careful with earthquake and tsunami. Finally I went to the airport....

When we separate from our loves ones, we will more appreciate the time when we are together. I miss you guys.....!

Singapore, 27 July 2006

No comments: