Saturday, November 07, 2009

a tribute and prayers for my beloved brother

It has been so long since the last time I wrote in this blog. What made me write again is my admiration of my brother, mas Oce, for the way he fights his leukemia and his love to family, and also his nice writings/stories. I like his writing. He should publish his writings, I believe, not only because they are beautiful, but also because they are important lessons and knowledge about life and leukemia. I cried many times when I read his stories.

Telling you the truth, I just knew him well recently. Even though we went to the same Islamic boarding school in Jakarta in 80s. I knew he was such a rebellious person, but has very good heart. At the school I was not shame to the fact that my brother was notorious person, haha. I remember the moment he lent his arm to my shoulder when I was afraid of his friends who yelled to him and me. I knew he complained many times to my parents as he knew that I should have more clothes, etc. It seems that each of us in the family did not know each other. I began to know him well since he married to mbak Harni, and specifically when he was diagnosed with leukemia. I heard that in 2004 when I was in Melbourne.

I like his dedication and attentions to his wife and children. I think his small family is very strong one. Harun and Zahra know well what happened to his father. Mbak Harni is very strong woman. May this family are blessed.

Well, shortly, I would like to pay a tribute to him. He is a hero to me. I hope he keeps strong to fight the leukemia in his body, and gives his love to his family and friends, and keep writing!

See his writing entitles *Ruang* in his blog: http://ocekojiro.wordpress.com/

With love from New York.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh .. Amel my sister.
too high you judge me.
Trust me, you are my idol, you might not even remember when I drove you to school wearing 'Baju Kebaya' on kartini's day, when you were sitting on grade 3 elementary school.
You are very pretty with that dress and we came home with the trophies remember...?

Amelia Fauzia said...

haha, I did not recall that moment. I was too scared and nervous about the beauty ibu kartini thing..
Great! what I dont remember is mom took me to school. Bibi was the person who accompanied me in the first day of my kinder garden. papah once drove me to school when i was in grade 6 for kartini day. I think that was the only moment I remember he took me school. And I went back from school walked without any trophy.. :) Well, at least we learn that children like to get attention and to be accompanied to school. Thats what we are doing right know, right? Keep fighting and loving.