Tuesday, September 04, 2007

elkana's emails


I am very happy to see Elkana's progress in writing emails. Looking at three emails he sent me in 2007 and 2005, I can see his improvement in his way of thinking, his English, and his ability to use internet.

Below email is written by Elkana with the help of Amir. It was sent in March 2005 when I was doing my research in Leiden, the Netherlands. In this email he did not use any English word. He also remembered very well his uncles, aunties and nieces.















The email below was sent to me in September 2005, also with the help of Amir. I was in Indonesia doing my fieldwork. In this email Elka only used few English and he still remembered his uncles and aunties in Indonesia.











This last email is written last month when elkana 8 years old. He wrote the letter himself from his email account.










Weldone Elkana!

No comments: